Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Its a cheese thing

My jealousy of Melbournians and greater Victorians grows after a recent trip to Melbourne and some regional parts of Victoria including the Bellarine Peninsula. I was on a five day famil researching for a story I am writing for an international magazine and part of this included a visit to Drysdale Cheeses. My lordy this is goats cheese like you've never tasted goats cheese. And after visiting the beautiful Corrine and her herd of happy goats I'm no longer surprised. Each goat is named and loved like a child and Corrine is just truly delightful as is her dedication to the process of making cheese. She is really focused on educating chefs rather than just selling to restaurants - a great marketing philosophy to live by although the secret is out and I think the general public are going to be keeping Corrine just as busy as the chefs buying up her cheese. I was particularly taken by one goat Wanda - she was such a poser for the camera, showing me her best side - so sweet.
If you ever get a chance to visit the truly beautiful Bellarine Peninsula make sure you organise to stop by and visit. Just make sure you check the website here to confirm open farm gate times because in the words of Corrine, she might be "talking to her goats or tending to curds". Amen to that sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment